Whole Spirit Riverdale
Backup Doula Contract
Backup Doula Service Agreement:
As a Backup Doula, for Kayla McIntosh of Whole Spirit Riverdale, I agree to:
- Provide Doula services to the client should the primary Doula, Kayla McIntosh, be unavailable.
- Be accessible by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, during the “on-call” period for the client which is from 36 weeks until birth.
- Notify the Primary Doula as soon as possible if I am not available due to any of the following reasons: attending another birth, sickness, or any matters reasonably outside of my control.
- Participate in an in-person meeting, phone call meeting, or introductory email exchange, should the client desire to do so.
- Provide continuous support through birth and approximately 60-120 minutes following the birth of the baby, once the client requests that I join her.
- The Primary Doula will provide the client with my mobile phone number but will direct the client to first contact the Primary Doula before engaging my backup Doula services.
- I acknowledge and agree that I will not make decisions for the client. I will help the client obtain the information necessary to make an informed decision. I will not perform clinical tasks such as blood pressure readings, fetal heart checks, vaginal exams, and other medical procedures or readings. I understand, acknowledge, and agree that I will be with the client only to provide physical, educational, and emotional support.
Instances where the Backup Doula may be called to attend a client:
- If the Primary Doula has been supporting her client, in person, for more than 24 hours.
- If the Primary Doula has a suspected or confirmed illness, including but not limited to COVID-19, and is not allowed in the birthing space.
- If the Primary Doula is experiencing a severe health issue that requires a backup for either a short time until recovery, or for the entirety of the birth.
- If the Primary Doula has a family emergency, or encounters other circumstances outside of her control or foresight, that inhibits her from attending her client’s birth.
Backup Doula Fees and Payments:
As compensation for attending the client’s birth, whether in it’s entirety or for a portion, and providing Backup Doula services, the Primary Doula will pay the Backup Doula a flat fee of $250 + $50/hour, with the total payment not exceeding $750 or 50% * of the client’s total fees. The payment will be made to you via your selected preferred payment method within 3 days of the birth of the client’s child.
* Should the client’s total fees differ from Whole Spirit Riverdale’s standard fee of $1500, the Backup Doula will be notified prior to signing this agreement.